If you own any apple device now is the time to get your password changed.
How to change your apple id password if hacked ?
Apple device and Mac users should be aware that they may be targeted by hackers who lock you out of your device before demanding payment of a ransom.
Reports by affected users suggest that this attack is possibly the result of hackers compromising the device owner’s Apple ID and using this to access their iCloud account. From their iCloud account a hacker can activate the device’s ‘Lost Mode’, and possibly reset the phone’s access code.
What can you do?
Do not pay the ransom.
Change your password for your Apple ID. You can use your Apple ID to recover your device(s) if it has been locked by the hacker.
You can switch off Lost Mode via iCloud.
If the hacker has set a new passcode lock on your device, you may be able to bypass this by using one of the methods suggested by Apple, however you should note these involve either erasing, resetting, or restoring your device from back up (if you have one).
Set up two-step verification for your Apple ID. Turning on two-step verification reduces the possibility of someone accessing or making unauthorised changes to your account information. Two-step verification requires both your password and a separate verification code sent to your phone (or other trusted device) in order to log in.
Affected users should contact Apple directly for more information. Apple has been able to help affected users recover their devices.
More specific advice may be provided by Apple shortly.
- Follow these steps to change your Apple ID password. If you can’t remember your password, follow the steps for what to do if you forget your Apple ID password.
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
- Click “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
Latest posts by JJ (see all)
- 10 Best Lenovo Gaming Laptops - June 12, 2017
- The Ten top Quadcopters of 2017 - May 12, 2017
- The 2017 Dyson sale and offers for vacuums and fans - April 22, 2017